Released on 19 October 1995, the film Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge (DDLJ) took the world by storm. A film where opposites attract, honor is honored, and love prevails, DDLJ puts a smile on your face, a skip in your step, and a joyful tear in your eye.
The film made Shah Rukh Khan a romantic hero, showed Karan Johar the potential of a career in film, and introduced the world to 22-year-old director Aditya Chopra, who established himself as an important voice in Hindi cinema. The film became the longest running in theatrical release in the world, just behind USA's The Rocky Horror Picture Show and China's Lu Shan Lian.
Cast and crew reminisced about #20YearsOfDDLJ through videos. Friends and fans shared images and memories of the impact the film had in their lives.
Taking a break from filming Dilwale, Shah Rukh Khan and Kajol reminisced about the film and Yash Raj Films posted special "making of" videos to mark the occasion. The following video playlist features these videos, two film trailers, and the songs from the film.
The following Storify offers a compilation of tweets from cast and crew, friends, and fans of the film. Mouseover the images to read the tweet text and access additional links.
Related DDLJ Posts
- 5 Reasons You MUST Watch "Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge" If You Are New To Bollywood
- Why Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge Continues to Spread Its Magic
- 5 Yash Chopra Films to Watch if You Are New To Bollywood
- Reflections on Raj Malhotra's Speech (Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge)
- You're the top! "Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge" voted most popular
If you liked this, leave a comment, share and visit our other posts.